We are currently looking for an Accountant to join us in Iraq, Basra.
Roles at this level are responsible of carrying out day-to-day general accounting services for use by others in planning, control and decision-making.
Job Holders should ensure a good relationship with internal customers by providing them with the needed information/advice.
- Get a clear understanding of accounting/financial procedures and systems in order to ensure their proper application as well as achieve and maintain high standards in accounting/financial practices.
- Undertake information gathering, review financial and accounts data as requested to provide relevant advice and information.
- Ensure the proper collection and maintenance of data related to specific accounting/financial functions, update hard and soft database continuously for accuracy and traceability of information at all times.
- Perform reconciliation on monthly received supplier statement vs. internal statement for the correspondent supplier in order to close supplier’s accounts payable; inform supervisor of any discrepancy to prevent errors in payment.
- Process ledger and booking basic entries according to accounting/financial procedures so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review input data for accuracy, identify and rectify routine errors and anomalies so that all accounting/financial data can be relied upon.
- Assist in the preparation and production of management reports using manual and computerized records.
- Analyze standard reports to identify variances, report major problems and discrepancies to immediate supervisor in order to ensure high level of conformity to preset accounting/financial procedures and systems.
- Assist internal customers by providing them with the necessary information or advice required so that they could interpret documents, take a decision or carry out a course of action in own area.
- Take advantage of on-the-job training opportunities to increase own capabilities and skills level.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree or TS diploma with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Good communication skills
- English and Arabic languages skills – written and spoken; French is a plus