Al Hosn Gas - Abu Dhabi
ROLE OF BUTEC
Contractor for civil works and installation of equipment
Main Contractor: ENI – Saipem S.p.A
EXPECTED END OF WORKS
Scope of Work
includes Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Testing and
Commissioning for all civil works, as well as associated MEP works and
equipment installation. It covers 12 buildings of package “B” related to
the units Shah Process Plant (EPC package 2) & Shah Sulfur Recovery
Units (EPC package 3), located at Shah, U.A.E. in the frame of the Shah
Gas Development (SGD) Program.
Scope of work includes also the
construction of a site camp covering an area of 70,000m² for 700
residents (housing canteen, nursery, recreation areas and sport
The Project in Brief
• Package 2
- Central area: 3 Nos. Primary 33/11 kV substations.
- West area: 2 Nos. Primary 33/11 kV substations.
- East area: 3 Nos. Instrument and Instrument Equipment Shelter units.
• Package 3
- Central area: 3 Nos. Primary 33/11 kV substations and 1 No. Instrument Equipment Shelter unit.
Building Works consists of the following activities
• Structural works (transformer bays, external cylinder shed, …)
• Architectural and finishing works, furniture, functional and safety signals.
• Building services
• Mechanical: plumbing, HVAC and fire fighting
Electrical: internal & external lighting, small power, distribution
boards, telecommunication systems (structured cabling / WLAN / public
address / radio / CCTV / access control) intrusion alarm, fire
protection, fire & gas detection and alarm, earthing and lightning.
• Site works
• Infrastructure, roads and landscaping.
- Detailed design is implemented according to BS, ACI, ANSI, ASTM, NFPA,
IEC standards, ASHREA recommendations and Abu Dhabi & GASCO
- International standards and National Laws related to
Quality, Safety and Environment are followed during construction phase
(OSHA-USA, ISO 14001, the International Organization of Oil & Gas
Procedures, OHSAS 18001, Federal Laws on the Protection and Development
of the Environment, UK Environment Agency, ISO 9001-2008 for QMS…).
execution is in compliance with Saïpem Corporate Sustainability Policy
(SCSP) in all business practices including subcontractors and host
communities, cultural values, HSE & ecosystems, highest business
standards and technology, etc…