Lusail Marina District Cooling Plant
Marafeq Qatar L.L.C.
Role of BUTEC
Scope of Work
EPC contract on turnkey basis for a district cooling plant with a capacity of 33 250 TR (Phase I) at Marina District in Lusail.
- The plant is built in two phases,
Phase 1: 33,250 TR
Phase 2: 58,750 TR
- Engineering for the ultimate plant with installed cooling capacity of 92,000 TR
- Construction of the entire civil works for the basement for the ultimate plant capacity 92,000 TR
- Supply and installation of Phase 1 chillers with the aggregate installed cooling capacity of 33,250 TR, together with required mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment and services
- Twelve 11 kV feeders with a total capacity of 43 MVA. (Electrical service for Phase I)
- Booster pumps are installed in the plant to push water from the north to the south
- Water cooled electric centrifugal chillers installed on grade level
- Space for thermal energy storage installed on grade level
- Cooling towers installed on roof level
- Pipe, valves, pumps, and other mechanical components
- Distribution network pumps with space allocated for pumps required for the ultimate plant capacity
- Instrumentation, control and monitoring systems
- Electrical services for mechanical equipment
- Below ground water storage for cooling tower makeup
- Connections to distribution network
- Building services such as plumbing, drainage, HVAC, fire protection, lighting, telecommunications, security, etc.
- Utility connections (electricity, water, blowdown, sewage, and telecommunications)